02 January 2006

Dealing With Depression

At first I tried to ignore all feelings. Kept myself busy with work, tasks.. I went about my daily life in a daze. Void of all feelings, like a zombie. I was lost.

However there were still times when I was alone. Mentally, my thoughts began: Am I not worthy? Do I look so bad? Why, despite all my sincere efforts, I always fail? Emotionally, the feelings came: I felt lousy, VERY LOUSY. My eyes start to swell, I can't see clearly.

I have reached depression. I started to cry. Physically, there are strange uncomfortable feelings in my heart. Sad, I only have sad thoughts, I feel sad, I look sad, I AM SAD. I remember from TV, experts say: "You need to visit & revisit your pain again & again until you can accept it. Don't fight it, don't deny it. Feel the full force of the pain, then only you can move on. Then you can begin to heal."

Yes, I can feel the pain but I don't know if it is the full force.
...
Can I accept it?
...
Whatever that does not break me, makes me stronger.
...
Meanwhile, my self-therapy continues...

4 Comments:

At 03 January, 2006 20:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I'm upset, i'll

- binge!! (only favourite food allowed)
- dance (whatever kind, as long as i dance til my knees, back, feet sore, i'll feel good)
- sing (dont care what kind of song, as long as i sing and i feel happy after that)
- puff my lungs out
- shout/scream (maybe you can try doing that at a big empty space, or railway)

im not upset, but i missed karaoke and dancing. so, if you're up for any of the two activities, let me know. we can fixed a date and dance/sing our sorrows/woes away :)

 
At 06 January, 2006 18:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, remember hw i told u tt i'm upset over my dad's death when we visited the mutton stall. we talked abt karma..ring a bell..??
now that u are feeling very upset-rather despondent sort, must remember u'll recover! it may take a while, or maybe tomorrow-but that doesn't matter.
hui4 zuan1 niu2 jiao3 jian1 but since u blog, the whole world 'counsel' u lor.

honestly, i still feel sad even now, but at least i hv admitted that, rather than think i shldn't be feeling that. guess that the bit the 'expert' u quoted lah. heck, think i can also qualify as 'expert no.2'liao.

 
At 08 January, 2006 14:22, Blogger DobbyKING said...

Yo! Hi there, first thing first!
Nice posing with Wang Fei~

Next,the world is full of caring pple out there. ^_^Y.

Song Recommendation : S.H.E《ENCORE》last song No.10 in the album {haha, dun koe the song title}

Cheers
DK

 
At 10 January, 2006 02:01, Blogger angelblessings said...

Dear e, lihua & DK,

You pple are wonderful "healers"! I'm definitely on the road to recovery. Yes, I would like to sing until the sound system burst... Blogging helped me to "see myself" & "collect" encouragement.. Bless u to feel sadness, accept & move on..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home