30 October 2005

My Love (Hi)Story [Part One]

Boy 1
Year: 1989
Place: Pri sch
Category: Crush/ Like

Those were the naive days.

Warning: Do NOT laugh.

I thought that if I simply LIKE someone, the someone would KNOW. I do NOT need to do or say anything. Dumb right? So I just like the guy lor. I never do or say anything. I just keep looking at him (with a silly smile on my face) when I have the chance. I thought the cupid would use the arrow & "shoot" the guy then he will start giving me flowers & stuff. Seriously, no kidding. Of course, NOTHING happened because I did not do anything other than having a liking feeling. Often I wonder if I will recognize him if I see him now. It has been 16 years!

Boy 2
Year: 1992
Place: Sec sch
Category: Crush/Secret admirer

So I know that nothing will happen if I do nothing. Yet I CHOOSE to do nothing because I had no confidence.

Boy 3, 4 & 5
Year: 1996~1997
Place: JC
Category: Crush/Secret admirer

Boy 3 was in the same ECA as me. Both Boy 4 & 5 were in the school canoe team. All 3 were good-looking. Boy 3 was academically smart & musically talented while Boy 4 & 5 were fit and sporty. Please refer to situation for "Boy 2" above. I did NOTHING and NOTHING happened but it was a happy feeling having someone to think about.

Boy 6
Year 1998
Place: Uni
Category: Crush/ Like

He was a committee member in the orientation camp I joined. Boyish looking with the "human touch" photography skills. Looks lovely when he smiles (who doesn't?). Tried to strike a conversation with him but somehow felt that he was not interested in me. Felt a little sad. I still have his name card...

Boy 7
Year: 1998
Place: Uni
Category: Like

After observing him for a few weeks, I decided to take action 'cos he never take any initiative. Just at the moment I met him in the canteen with his girlfriend! *Faint Cracking Sound* (1st heartache)They had knew each other since JC 1. Aiyoh, why for the few weeks he never say he got girlfriend when I was chatting with him?!

Boy 8
Year: 1999~2002
Place: Uni
Category: Like/ Secret admirer

My tutorial mate in year one uni. Handsome, smart & friendly but I found out that he had a girlfriend so I just admire from a distance lor... Kept in touch with him throughout my 2nd & 3rd years then one day he suddenly approached me...

"I tell you something, I like..."

My heart was beating extremely fast. When he finished his sentence, my heart stopped beating (for a few seconds).

He was interested in a girl in my study group. He noticed that I always had lunch with her & study together in the library with her. He asked if he could join us for lunch. Then I asked him about his girlfriend & he said they broke up already. He was a shy guy but when I said I will help him, he suddenly became talkative & asked about her character, her family, her hobbies, etc... *Faint Cracking Sound Again* (2nd heartache)

What to do? I guess this is Fate. I know both of them personally, suddenly I realize that they are very compatible. They would complement each other. I tried my best to "market" him to my study group gal but after a few meetings, she said that there was "no feel". She admits that he is handsome, smart & friendly but "no feel means no feel". Hiyah, I feel him but he no feel me. He feel her but she no feel him...

Boy 9
Year: 1999~2001
Place: Uni
Category: Like/ Secret admirer

Same ECA as me. See him at least once a week for ECA for 2 years. Liked his candid personality, talent in music & his "positive energy". You guessed it: he was already taken, so secretly admire lor.

Boy 10
Year: 1999~2002
Place: Uni
Category: Crush/ Secret admirer

Can be said to be "crush at first sight". Attends same lectures as me. I often talked about him with my study group gals & called him "Sunshine Boy". Drop dead good-looking with a sunshine smile that melts you... As I looked really nerdy then, I took no action & admire from far..

Boy 11
Year: 2001
Place: Uni
Category: Like

My project team member. Enjoy working with him. Had dinner with him on Valentine's Day. I gathered my courage and took action again. He immediately replied "Let's just be friends". *Stunned* (1st rejection) I felt sad. Well if you saw how I looked then... I don't blame him. It was a miracle I was not arrested by the Fashion Police!

To be continued...

17 Comments:

At 30 October, 2005 10:52, Blogger angelblessings said...

sarah: Actually there were a few. I am going to do "revision" to this post. Recalling, there were 3. Please read the revised post again. They are Boy 3, 4 & 5 respectively.

 
At 31 October, 2005 03:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*poke angela*

did my story about A inspired you on this? hahahah

 
At 31 October, 2005 10:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 31 October, 2005 10:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. u r truly very courageous to pour out your heart in your blog. you are such a nice girl and im sure that you will find someone who truly treasure you deeply. - zhiwei

 
At 31 October, 2005 10:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, who is that cute guy that you've been smiling at in pri 4 ah? how come not much description of him? at least i can start guessing mah. afterall, we are classmates since pri 2 til p6 :P
wahahahah

 
At 31 October, 2005 21:17, Blogger angelblessings said...

e: Yup, you account for about 30% of my motivation. Joshy the other 30% for sharing a bit of his & the final 30+% is I thought it's time I reflect on myself in an area which I have NEVER reflected on before (most likely that's why I don't have much progress also).. Boy 1 was in same class as us in pri 4, wear specs & fair skin.

sarah: I don't think you know who Boy 3 is but you should know Boy 4 & 5 'cos they were quite "outstanding" as they were literally tall, dark & sporty.

To all: Pls do read this post again as I will be adding some more as I had mnay "targets"

 
At 31 October, 2005 21:19, Blogger angelblessings said...

zhiwei: Thanks! Hope that you have already found someone who truly treasure you deeply =)

 
At 31 October, 2005 22:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah, fair skin, wear specs. i think the guys in our class all wear specs and fair skin. the guy sitting next to me is fair skin and wear specs. the guy who made you cry is also fair skin and wear specs. so many sia :(

anyhow, i didnt want you to feel "lonely" about your love history, i wrote sthg similar in my blog :)

 
At 01 November, 2005 17:12, Blogger Ger said...

Reflecting can be rather therapeutic right? *Pats Angie's back 加油, 你的真命天子可能就在附近!

 
At 01 November, 2005 23:59, Blogger angelblessings said...

e: It's NOT the guy who made me cry lah. Medium sized, a little hunch back, slighty chubby face, single eyelids, has dimples when smiling & he is so fair that even after hours in the Sun he is still WHITE, don't think it's possible for him to have a tan... enough clues?

ger: Thanks for your encouragement! I think you may be right: I think my "Mr. Right" may very well be near me... Stick around. I'm gonna "take action" again =)

 
At 02 November, 2005 00:05, Blogger Adrian said...

OMFG this is scandalous! You faster update! How come stop at 2001? *waits with bated breath*

 
At 02 November, 2005 00:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah, i really cannot recall who is slightly hunchback, so far and cannot get tan. i'll take a look at pri 4 photos tmrw. i kept it at work. hehe..then again, i might have forgotten their names :P it cant be that mommy boy right? i hope not.

update your blog quickly. i wanna read MORE :)

 
At 02 November, 2005 00:26, Blogger angelblessings said...

e: Who is mommy boy? Aiyah, you bring our pri 4 photo to our this Sat's badminton session then I show you who lah. Tell you also not use right? 'Cos you forget the names already hor?

adrian: you got read carefully? i updated until 2002 (Boy 8 & 10). Things got a bit confusing after 2002. Let me sort it out & see how best I can share it...

 
At 02 November, 2005 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, okay okay! how come i dont know about this "special" guy eh? hmmm.. :P

 
At 02 November, 2005 14:35, Blogger Adrian said...

Oh, ok, but still it's 2005 now! What's been happening in the last 3 years?

 
At 02 November, 2005 23:47, Blogger angelblessings said...

e: I cannot remember if I have told you about him before. Maybe yes, maybe no...

sarah: I think you got one of the canoe boys correct (looks a bit like singer Emil Chow), the other looks a bit like singer Nicky Wu from the "Little Tigers Group".

adrian: Like I said, things got a bit complicated after 2002... I'm still sorting, my "PC" is a little slow 'cos I've NEVER "defragment" or "clean up" this sector before.. Patience my friend...

 
At 01 January, 2006 11:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

angela: who is JC that caught your eye??!!
Lihua

 

Post a Comment

<< Home