28 August 2005

I Need Help

Anyone has any advice/ charms/ experience/ formulas/ guides/ manuals/ methods/ skills/ spells/ tips/ tricks to teach kids, especially sports, especially swimming? Urgent!! My next lesson with the kids is next Sunday. I need to improve my skills in handling children. The situation today was:

2 kids dashed-ran-splashed-screamed-jumped in OPPOSITE directions --> which one should I chase? Gosh! I took 30 mins to get them together side by side and guess what they started to do? Fight! Yes, they started to kick-hit-grab-push each other! *Faint* Suddenly one boy was interested to learn while the other boy kept jumping in and out of the water, ignoring me. I tried to teach one but I must keep an eye on the other because both of them do NOT know how to swim. However they know how to run-splash-squeal-jump-fight well.

HOW? Apart, I can't teach. Together, they will fight. How do I get their attention to learn how to swim? They were so happy running-splashing-screaming-fighting...

4 Comments:

At 29 August, 2005 08:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use soft approach for 2 times.... if tat won't work use ur Voice.. Lalalalalla!!!!!!!!! And of cos Must be sure u gt the approval of their parents to scream at them....
Best, complain to their parents... u are nt here to lecture ur kids hahaha...

 
At 30 August, 2005 08:47, Blogger angelblessings said...

joshy: Nowadays kids canNOT scold 'cos I noticed even their parents don't scold them. How can I scold right?

sarah: Yes, I should be firm but canNOT be fierce 'cos their parents hardly scold them & they will most likely cry if I scold them. Then I will be even worse ya?

joshy & sarah: ThnX for your suggestions. Do inform me if you know of any fun water games for kids! Meanwhile I have to go read up on the Pokemon cartoon 'cos I notice one of the kid likes Pokemon characters...

 
At 30 August, 2005 08:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah gives some good advice. Use a whistle. When I go swimming, the coaches use that to control the kids. Afraid that I cant give you much advice on this. My experience with kids is teaching em piano 1 on 1 in an enclosed room and the children I am handling are mostly girls. - Zhiwei

 
At 02 September, 2005 22:35, Blogger Ger said...

Perhaps you can try to lay down some rules with the kids. Get them to contribute regarding punishment for those who break the rules. Reward those who are well-behaved and hopefully the rest will follow suit. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home