27 August 2005

Get A Grip!

NEVER go for yoga on Friday then go for a 150 minutes badminton session the next day. Yesterday after yoga, I could feel ALL the muscles in my legs as they were straining to carry me home. Now I canNOT feel them. WHERE are my legs?! Aarrgghh...

Today's badminton session was as enjoyable as ever: (S) was hit by the shuttlecock 3 times and in all professionalism we had "injury time-out" laughing until we were on the floor! Girl, hope that you are okay and remember to wear helmet next week ya? Also for the first time in my 17 years of playing badminton, the shuttlecock "exploded" into 3 pieces when I hit it! All 6 players present were stunned beyond words and laughed uncontrollably... Hahaa..

After 2.5 hrs of "comical" badminton, we rested and ate glutinous rice balls. Thanks to Josh for the treat!

The grip of my racket is coming off. Anyone has recommendations where to Get A Grip and what type of grip to get?

4 Comments:

At 28 August, 2005 12:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

got my grip from sportslink. cost me close to ten bucks. maybe you can try queensway shopping center. i like my grip because it doesnt peel off. there are several GRIP auctions in yahoo. i think those are going for like 2-3 bucks. but i like my quality grip. cost a lil more expensive, but it doesnt peel. good luck!

 
At 28 August, 2005 13:02, Blogger angelblessings said...

e: I was searching my house for racket grip & *presto* I found my brother's badminton racket in a heap of stuff... hehe, gonna bring it next week to try out, it's a Yonex racket! Meanwhile I can take my time to shop for a grip.

 
At 29 August, 2005 08:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmh.. i still remember when i was young, i frequent one shop specifically for badminton restring and i saw afew pieces of grip... very good ones... in bedok along the pizza hut stretch...
yah, grip such be firm but soft to handle. Good ones dun peel and best u can ask the store to do it for u... train hands....

 
At 28 November, 2005 21:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi angel. I'm using this 'badminton racket' related site to contact people for advice on buying a badminton racket. Do you know of any other site where I might get such advice? Many thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home